I am Level 3 qualified in Adapting Exercise for Post Natal and Ante Natal clients and this is an area I am really passionate about.
There are several advantages to moderate and controlled exercise during pregnancy (if you aren’t feeling too sick or too tired) including;
- easing back pain,
- improving posture,
- controlling of excess weight gain,
- enhancing psychological well-being,
- improving sleep patterns,
- decreasing feelings of stress and anxiety,
- maintaining cardio & muscular fitness,
- and speeding up postnatal recovery.
If you would like to discuss exercising confidently through your pregnancy get in touch.
As a new parent, it’s not always easy to find time for yourself but when you do the main aims of your initial postpartum exercise regime should be to;
- re-tone the pelvic floor to reduce risk of stress incontinence,
- re-tone abdominal muscles to increase strength and enable them to support the spine,
- correct / regain good posture,
- enhance self confidence.
To discuss postpartum exercise get in touch.