Why Chasing Strong ...
Life can be a tad manic at times – something I’m sure I’ll understand on an even bigger scale next Spring. I work with a lot of clients who struggle to find time for themselves. Struggle to recharge their batteries, struggle to rest, struggle to switch off and as a result end up exhausted, irritable,... Continue Reading →
Well not me, that’s for sure – not with this growing bump! Don’t get me wrong I can still pull a couple of miles out the bag at run group (I lead a lovely social running group called ‘Becca’s Bay Runners) which helps keep me sane, but I’m not where I imagined I’d be at... Continue Reading →
I’ve been an avid hockey hater since school. I wasn’t bad at it or anything, I just didn’t want to play and I’ve carried that dislike around with me ever since. I do however have several friends who love hockey, so I thought it would be good to see why this game has such a... Continue Reading →
1. Your Personal Trainer (PT) will make you work. Don’t get me wrong, as the client you need drive and motivation to stick to your goals, but left to your own devices you could easily skip that last set or rep – but a PT will push you through to the end potentially making you pull a face.
2. They will fill your head with new ideas – offer alternatives, progressions and regressions if needed. Who wants new ideas eh, your brain is packed with enough info already right?
3. They will force an element of change. We all hate change. We prefer to do the same things over and, over don’t we?
4. They will be open to speak to you about life in general, almost as if you are a real person with other things going on in your life. Weird.
5. They will correct your form even…
View original post 40 more words
December the 6th is here, so lets workout! This full body workout can be performed anywhere with no equipment – so no excuses! If you do have some weights lying around – give them a go with those squats. Perform all exercises for 45 seconds and repeat the workout 3 times. Rest between each circuit... Continue Reading →
As the big day draws closer, I’m asking you, what you would like for Christmas this year? Don’t post your answers – Royal mail can’t be trusted, but answer via my Facebook page or Twitter. I look forward to hearing from you all! Bx #ChasingStrong
As the saying goes ‘A goal without a plan is just a wish’ – so let’s turn those wishes of yours into goals by making them SMART. Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Time A common goal I come across is the want to drop a dress size. As a SMART goal, this might look more like... Continue Reading →